smentor.ac.vn – On October 29, 2017, the Southern Startup Advisory and Support Council, in partnership with Enterprise Newspaper, hosted the Southern Startup Competition 2017 awards event for students from various universities at the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The competition’s first prize goes to the project “Moringa juice”; Nguyen Van Hau’s student group; Lac Hong University.
Project “Moringa juice”
Tran Chung Tuan Hung’s student group from Ton Duc Thang University achieved the second prize for their participation in “Fas Snack.”
The third prize goes to the “Health care service” project, which was created by the student group Nguyen Cao Anh Tuan at Lac Hong University.
“Health care services” Project
Among the consolation initiatives are:
- Project “Automatic vegetable growing equipment”; Student group Phan Thanh Phong; Van Hien University.
- Project “Straw Mushroom”; Student group Le Van Loc; Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Forestry.
- Project “Minature Milk Tea”; Student group Nguyen Thi Kim Lien; Ton Duc Thang University.
- Project “Tuki Land”; Student group Ly Tuong Loi; Van Hien University.
- Project “Friend Dinner”; Student group Nguyen Hong Duc; Gia Dinh Information Technology University.
- Project “Natural weight loss powder”; Student group Nguyen Thi Phuong Uyen; Van Hien University.
- Project “Swimming Coffee”; Student group Dao Thi Huong; Ho Chi Minh City College of Economics.
The winning student received a Startup scholarship worth 40,000,000 Vietnamese dongs from SMENTOR, a voucher for the trip “Thieng Lieng – Can Gio” of the joint-stock company “Di cho biet” the book “Kite-flyer” by Ms. Le Thi Thanh Lam – deputy head of Saigon Food Corporation, and numerous gifts from Green Vina, SFurniture, and the organizers, etc.
Projects that have received contributions from businesses
These are proposals that will continue to compete in the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s 2017 national startup competition.
The Council is reported to have held 18 company starting training courses and 5 startup exchanges at universities and colleges in Ho Chi Minh City and other regions in 2017. This year, the Southern Council has conducted the most startup classes and exchanges in its history.
Some of the Southern Startup Council’s instructors
During the event, students had the opportunity to connect with businesses based on the subject “Business Internship” with enterprises such as:
- SMENTOR Co., Ltd
- Saigon Food Joint Stock Company.
- Di Cho Biet Joint Stock Company
The students drew a lot of directions for the future of their professions and the procedures of asking for investment funds, training employees, and organizing management to be able to convert the concept into reality as a result of the meeting.