NATIONAL START-UP CONTEST
Under the direction of the VCCI and with the cooperation of numerous departments and agencies, branches, and municipalities around the country. The competition seeks to inspire youngsters around the country through innovation, analytical thinking, and brand awareness and gain. Youngsters will get experience and understanding about business by establishing projects to start a business and learning about business. More crucially, viable projects from the competition will be advised for execution, linked with investors for the project, and supported in establishing businesses.
Throughout the course of 15 years, the competition has inspired the passionate response and willingness to participate of youngsters – students from around the country, with over 4,000 projects enrolling in the competition, and hundreds of projects being developed and applied. In its 16th year, the program is still being operated around the country for young people both at home and abroad who have ideas and wish to start or have already launched a business.
– Inspire youngsters and students around the country to be creative, innovative, and enterprising.
– Creating a useful playground for young people and students through the use of the establishment of Business Startup programs, leading them to meaningful activities of learning about business; having the chance to have the practical experience to develop skill and understanding about the business.
– Make it possible for students’ business ideas to become a reality by creating the necessary foundations.
– Probably have found and appreciated outstanding individuals and startups.
– Provinces and cities from everywhere throughout the nation.
-Local youngsters have ideas and intend to start-up or already have started a business.
– Students from universities, colleges, and vocational schools.
-Young military force.
-Workers and engineers at factories and industrial complexes (those who own technology, have high expertise).
-Foreign students in Vietnam and Vietnamese students abroad.
-People with disabilities.
-Participants can participate as individuals or in groups (the competition group can include students from many different schools or a combined youth group).
-The competition will be held at 2 levels of education: regional and national.
-For students: Contestants can enter the startup competition of other schools/groups of schools/regions suited to the business field of the project either individually or as a group (the competition group can contain students from many different schools or a group of young people together).
-Projects that place in the top 10 in the respective schools/groups of schools/regional competitions are eligible to participate in the National Startup Competition.
-Lecturers or university administrators, as well as projects based on the scientific study themes of lecturers, are not allowed to access the Competition.
-For youngsters: The organizing committee will only accept existing or experimental projects.
IV. COMPETITION SCHEDULE
– Launched: From January 2018;
– Submission time: From January to October 30th, 2018
- Project description (download form at www.khoinghiep.org.vn) (no more than 5 pages).
- Application for participating in the competition (download form at www.khoinghiep.org.vn).
- The detailed business plan consists of one hardcopy (no more than 40 pages) and one softcopy recorded on disc or emailed to the Organizing Committee (email@example.com).
Please send to the Organizing Committee at the address below:
- North: Office of the Northern Vietnam Record Association.
- South: Office of the Vietnam Record Association or Office of the Vietnam Institute of Research and Application of Polytechnics.
- Every year, project evaluation is planned to start in early November and continue until mid-December.
- The Start-up Competition finals are scheduled to take place at the end of December each year.
The investment conference is scheduled to take place in early January.
V.INDUSTRY GROUPS PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION
Education, Health, Manufacturing; Trade and Services; Information Technology – Telecommunications; Environment; Community Support; Sea and Island Economy; and other Industries…
1. First Prize: 100,000,000 VND (including 30,000,000 VND in cash and 70,000,000 VND in scholarships for business administration training courses); awarded the Mai An Tiem Cup and a certificate of achievement from the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
2. Second Prize: The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry awarded the Startup Cup and a certificate of success worth 30,000,000 VND (including 10,000,000 in cash and 20,000,000 in scholarships for business administration training courses).
3.Third Prize: 5,000,000 VND (including 5,000,000 in cash); awarded the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Start-up Cup and certificate of success.
4.The top 15 best projects in the competition will have the opportunity to:
* Participate in the Investment Festival Day.
* Participate in the Start-up Accelerator Training.
* Participate in the Business Incubation and Training Courses.
* Be considered to study and work at large Japanese corporations for 1 year.
VII. BOARD OF JUDGES – COMMENTARY
Jury and Appraisal Council – approvers are typical entrepreneurs with many achievements in production, business activities, and social activities, and have won many typical business awards such as the Typical Entrepreneur Award – Thanh Giong Cup; the Typical Female Entrepreneur Award – Bong Hong Vang Cup; the EY Entrepreneurial Courage Award. Simultaneously, many entrepreneurs serve as Presidents or Vice Presidents of business organizations (or associations).
VII. COMMITMENT TO ACTUAL IMPLEMENTATION
Participants with projects competing at the national level will be required to commit that the project is the sole property of the individual (or group of authors); will invest in starting a business within 6 months of attending the Startup Festival – Investment Festival, or will have started a business within the previous year.
Note: The organizers paid for participants who reside in remote areas to go to Hanoi to receive awards (one person per project).