smentor.ac.vn – On August 25, 2019, Smentor Institute was very honored to be invited to attend the groundbreaking ceremony of FLC University at FLC Quang Ninh University Urban Area, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province.
Attending the ceremony were Mr. Phung Xuan Nha (Member of the Party Central Committee, Ministry of Education and Training); Mr. Nguyen Hoang Anh (Member of the Party Central Committee, Chairman of the State Management Board at Enterprises); Mr. Nguyen Van Doc (Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Former Chairman of the People’s Council of Quang Ninh Province); Mr. Trinh Van Chien (Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the People’s Council of Thanh Hoa province); Mr. Trinh Van Quyet (Chairman of the Board of Directors of FLC Group with central and local leaders and representatives of FLC Group).
“Comprehensive training” according to international quality
-Operating under the not-for-profit private training model, FLC University was officially approved by the Prime Minister on June 3, 2019.
– With a scale of 50 hectares, a total investment of nearly 4,000 billion VND, the school was built in the urban area of FLC Quang Ninh University in Ha Lam and Ha Trung wards, Ha Long city. This is a complete complex with an expected area of more than 700 hectares, designed to become the first model to train according to international standards to connect smart urban ecosystems and resort populations in Vietnam.
– The unique and different highlight of this model is taking FLC University as the central nucleus. High-class resorts, smart cities, commercial and service areas… with businesses directly producing and providing services, will act as satellites to serve the needs of research, study and development. vocational training of students.
– Through the close connection between schools and practical needs of businesses, this model is expected to solve the situation that “graduates must retrain in skills’ ‘ which is one of the challenges. great knowledge of Vietnamese education.
– With the orientation of multidisciplinary training, which focuses on 3 key fields of Tourism, Aviation and High Technology in the first stage, FLC University is expected to train 600 students in the enrollment season. first by the end of 2020, and increase to 6,100 students by 2024, 20.000 students by 2035.
– Appreciating the capacity and experience of FLC Group in implementing many key infrastructure projects in Quang Ninh, Mr. Nguyen Van Thang, Chairman of Quang Ninh Provincial People’s Committee said that an international standard educational institution such as FLC University, after being put into operation, will be a new step for high-quality human resource training activities not only in Quang Ninh province but also in the whole country.
– “With the meaning of an important project in the province, Quang Ninh commits to continue accompanying and creating all the most favorable conditions for the project to be implemented, put into operation according to the right content and the set progress”, Mr. Thang emphasized.
Not-for-profit private university model
– Speaking at the event, Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha said that FLC University had the correct orientation when focusing on training high-quality human resources for important fields and professions. It is the driving force of current growth such as tourism, aviation, and high technology.
– “We have many private schools, but there are very few schools that meet the requirements in terms of size and quality. Meanwhile, with the university urban model, it is necessary to create an ecosystem large enough for students to not only study and research but also orient their future careers,” the Minister emphasized and said that Quang Ninh province Ninh and FLC Group have implemented this model very well when turning an old coal mining area into a university city, green education, connecting with other industries such as tourism, aviation, it can be said. is a unique and typical cultural destination of Quang Ninh.
– “With the vision to be an innovation center, an advanced training center according to international standards, we highly appreciate the orientation of FLC University and will continue to support the school to enter the school soon. activities, becoming a bright spot in Vietnamese universities”, the Minister expected.
In addition to the outstanding advantages of training methods, the General Director of FLC Group said that FLC University operates under the model of a not-for-profit private university, 100% of the school’s profits will be reinvested in order to develop the system, upgrade facilities, transfer technology as well as international cooperation… This model is FLC Group’s commitment to a long-term and sustainable investment strategy in the field. education.
“With a careful selection of inputs and methods and a curriculum that follows international standards, 100% of students after graduation will have the best job opportunities not only in the Group’s ecosystem. FLC delegation, but also at leading domestic and international prestigious enterprises”, affirmed Ms. Huong Tran Kieu Dung.
International cooperation with many foreign universities
– Within the framework of the groundbreaking ceremony, many agreements and memorandums of understanding on cooperation in education development between FLC Group and leading domestic and international training institutions took place at the same time, including: Receiving the first written commitment from RMIT University Australia; Signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Hanoi National University, the Academy of Justice and the University of the West of England, Bristol, England – one of the most prestigious undergraduate and postgraduate training schools in the UK.
– “FLC is one of the leading multi-industry corporations in Vietnam with outstanding development over the years. The establishment of FLC University can be seen as a strong step forward for enterprises in the field of education. This pioneering project is not only a foundation to support the priorities in the development orientation of the corporation in particular, but also equips a young workforce ready to grasp and perform the role well their role in the development of the country”, Professor Ray Priest, Director of International Relations for Asia Pacific – University of the West of England commented and said, FLC University and the University of the West of England will work together to create the best educational environment, where students will always be the center and put first.
– Previously, on July 28, FLC Group started the construction of Bamboo Airways Aviation Training Institute in Binh Dinh, the first large-scale facility deployed in the chain of aviation training facilities that FLC has established. are planning to invest in many provinces and cities nationwide. The groundbreaking event of FLC University today continues to concretize FLC Group’s investment strategy and determination in one of the most important fields for the country’s socio-economic development.